Catch the Spirit and sail. Take the next steps of faith and being part of the body.
Journey here to take next steps in following Jesus. You will find resources that explore prayer and life in the Spirit, You will find out more about what life is like as a member of a cell, and open worshiper on Sundays, a valued member of the team and a covenant partner with others who make up Circle of Hope.
In the Wind section…
- Spend some time thinking and praying about the wind of the Spirit moving you into something new. Imagine how the risen Jesus makes you new and renews your hope.
- If you are taking your next steps in following Jesus...
- If you are looking for basic training about how to have a life of faith…
- If your religious background seems incomplete or your present experience is flat...
- If your want to learn how to be involved in Circle of Hope or are ready to make a covenant.
WIND is the right territory for you right now.
Feeling the Spirit
Jesus revealed God to many people who moved by him instantly and were eager to receive his grace and follow his ways. He also spoke to many “old hands” who were seeking God but who needed to raise their sails to catch the wind of the Spirit.
God is our redeemer. Some of us are born again in theory, but we need to be born of the Spirit, in truth. We have been given a new life to lead and it changes us. New life is being “breathed” into us.
God is our teacher. The first steps in the Spirit require a new way of seeing, anew focus. God is calling us into a new covenant with a deeper family. We have to consider our allegiance, identity, thinking, feeling. Who monitors your desire?
We get off the dock into our wobbly boat, learn to hist our sails, and then learn to move across the sea of life according to the mysterious wind of the Spirit. From tentative, unskilled beginnings, we learned to freely sail toward home.
We can tell when we begin to sense the presence of God with us. Sometimes it may be small, sometimes overwhelming, sometimes powerful. We have a lifelong experience of being moved by the Wind, enduring stormy seas, arriving at unexpected places and then mentoring others who are taking first steps like we keep doing.
This section is for being moved by God along the unpredictable paths of the sea of grace, so imagine:
A ship of faith
built and anchored in grace.
Hoisting the anchor
ready to sail.
Some holding back
too afraid to get out of the harbor.
Many following the sun
learning the power of the wind.
One of these WIND articles from our collection may be just what you need to get started.
- Friendship in Proverbs: What make and US? - Trust
- Transformation Formulas: The Biotic Math of Jesus
- Bored while praying? The monks were too.
- Despise the shame
- Is Circle of Hope "soft on sin?"
- Introduction to Lent
- Is that Jesus dancing?
- What is a covenant?
- How do I relate to the Holy Spirit?
- Reconciliation begins with forgiveness—primarily of you.